Friday, February 22, 2019

A Mix of Stuff to Start off 2019

Greetings....

For our first post of 2019, we mix it up as I decide to just grab what I find easily in the vault of boxes where I store the commerical tapes that get posted here. There's more then a few, so I've decided to make it easy this time around with some commerical jingles and a Tanner LP of generics.


First off from 1995 is a Thruway Muffler jingle package. There are still Thruway muffler shops in Canada, though that's based on a google search, I haven't been to one myself. The "Talkin to the Boss" jingles raised an interesting angle implying that no matter who you talk to at the shop, "you're talkin to the boss" which makes me wonder if all those people are bosses, who the hell does the actual work? I ponder.

This tape is fun as it also has the french versions of the jingles...well, we are a country of french and english, but I seldom come across reels with both.


Thruway Muffler "Talkin to the Boss" August 1995




DOWNLOAD




I threw this in for fun. The Bay is Canada's oldest retailer, going back to 1670 and they're still around, albeit in a limited way compared to their past, but still here in a sea of American imports floating around here. They decided to take the song "montego bay" to rewrite for their one day sale from 1993. The audio is slightly distorted, but that is the source material. Still a fun listen

HBC Media/The Bay "Montego Bay (One Day Sale) 1993




DOWNLOAD


Finally, more jingles from the Tanner pile of production albums I have. Oh Boy these are delightfully dated. The "hey pretty girl" jingle...well....I suppose it may not be appropriate for 2019. Yeah...so....


Tanner 5128 S1




DOWNLOAD




Tanner 5128 S2



DOWNLOAD







2 comments:


  1. It is very nice article on that topic. I was looking for something like which is interesting and knowledgeable. Do you know that Agrawal Construction Company has the most amazing townships, especially flats In Bhopal, with the name Sagar Green Hills. It is located in the lap of nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to share with you all here on how I get my loan from Mr Benjamin who help me with loan of 400,000.00 Euro to improve my business, It was easy and swift when i apply for the loan when things was getting rough with my business Mr Benjamin grant me loan without delay. here is Mr Benjamin email/whatsapp contact: +1 989-394-3740, lfdsloans@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete